To be considerd for a double major, a student needs to make sure you meet the following requirements before declaring a double major:
- Have completed at least 90 units and no more than 135 units. Contact your college to discuss if AP credits and transfer courses apply to that unit count.
- Have at least 2.5 overall GPA
- Have completed a majority of the prerequisite for both majors
- Be able to satisfy the requirements for BOTH majors with no more than 240 total units
- Meet with both departments or programs and your college to discuss your academic plan and written receive approval in the format of a Double Major Petition Form.
- Overlapping of two upper-division courses may be permitted if the two majors are similar. Restrictions may apply please consult with academic advisors from both majors.
Learn more about the double major process here